Mobile App Development (Android) [P-101]
The course will cover fundamentals of mobile application development along with tools & technologies required for application development on mobile platforms. Detailed study of Android platform architecture, application development, and application components including Activities, Services, Broadcast Receivers and Content Providers will be covered. Lab projects will provide hands-on exposure to major aspects of Android application development lifecycle including coding and testing on emulators and real devices.
Following is the high level list of topics that will be covered in the course:
- Android Platform Overview and Application Development Concepts
- Eclipse IDE and Android Application Development Tools
- Android application components
- Android Activities Lifecycle, Activity Switching using Intents and Intent Filters
- Event Handling Mechanisms
- Android User Interface Components (Views and Layouts)
- Menus and Dialogs, ListView, Spinner, GridView
- Android fragments
- Android user interface design guidelines: Style and Patterns, and designing for multiple screens
- Data storage mechanisms in Android, Android content providers
- Android APIs and third party SDKs.
- Publishing applications on Google Play