Mobile Game Design (2D) [P-102]
The course will focus on game design principles, game elements, ideas development, story writing, visualization techniques, character design, animations, non-linear story-telling, audio –visual effects, and socio-cultural context of games.
Following is the high level list of topics that will be covered in the course:
- Introduction to game and game design
- Game design for handheld devices
- Principles of game design,
- Visualization techniques
- Elements, assets of a game. Asset planning and management
- Universe simulation
- Environment design
- Creating the GUI buttons, controls, menus etc.
- Animations and animation loops for game
- Importance of Artificial Intelligence in games
- Primary and secondary objectives of a game
- Non linear storytelling with multiple possible endings
- Social and cultural promotion through design