Dr. Amir Mehmood [Assistant Professor]
Amir Mehmood obtained his Ph.D. degree in Engineering from the department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Technische Universität Berlin / Deutsche Telekom Innovation Laboratories, Berlin, Germany in 2012 under the supervision of Prof. Anja Feldmann. During his Ph.D., he interned with Dr. Walter Willinger (AT&T Research Labs) at the Institute of Pure Mathematics (IPAM), University of California Los Angeles, USA in 2008 and 2011 respectively. Prior to that, he received degrees of M.Sc. (Electrical Engineering) and B.Sc. (Electrical Engineering) in 2005 and 1996 respectively. After graduation, he has worked at TELIPS Payphones as Manager Technical, Siemens Engineering, Pakistan as Senior Executive Engineer, and Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited as ADE Network Administrator, Pakistan Internet Exchange. Currently, he is Assistant Professor at Al-Khawarizmi Institute of Computer Science and the Director of Computer Networks Lab, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore.
Internet measurements, multimedia Quality of Experience, software-defined networking, big data analytics.
- Operating System Concepts (TN: 511, 2015, UET Lahore)
- Operating System Concepts (TN: 511, 2013, UET Lahore)
- Operating Systems (EE: 330, 2013, UET Lahore)
- Computer Networks (2012-2013, UET Lahore)
- RouterLab Praktikum (2011, TU-Berlin)
- RouterLab Praktikum (2010, TU-Berlin)
- RouterLab Praktikum (2009, TU-Berlin)
- RouterLab Praktikum (2008, TU-Berlin)
- Advance and Next Generation Computer Networks (2006, UCP Lahore)
- Multimedia Applications over Broadband Networks (2006, UCP Lahore)
- Advance Computer Networks (2005, UCP Lahore)
- Current and Next Generation Networks (2005, UCP Lahore)
- Urdu Search Engine - Humkinar Pakistan (ICT RDF, 2012-present, PKR 33.3 M)
- Run time parallelization of sequential binary code through JVM ( HEC 2015-present, PKR 3.4 M)
- Development of Type2 hypervisor for MIPS64 based systems (ICT RDF, 2013-15, PKR 15.25 M)
- System Mode Emulation in QEMU (HEC, 2013-15, PKR 4.05 M)
- Mobisense/Mobisense Video (T-Labs, Berlin Germany, 2007-12)
- Benchmarking ATM backbone of Pakistan Internet Exchange in collaboration with LUMS (PTCL R&D Fund, 2005)
- Reviewer for Journals IEEE Network, Elsevier Computer Communications, Springer Computing
- Best paper at IEEE ICET Conference, 2005, Islamabad Pakistan.
- Best paper at IEEE CQR Workshop, 2011, Florida USA.
- First prize in 2nd IEEE annual final year project competition at University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore Pakistan, 1996.
- Mehmood, Amir and Sarrar, Nadi and Uhlig, Steve and Feldmann, Anja (2012). How happy are your flows: an empirical study of packet losses in router buffers. (Technical Report)
- Mehmood, Amir (2012). Impact of Network Effects on Application Quality. Technische Universität Berlin
- Mehmood, Amir and Wundsam, Andreas and Uhlig, Steve and Levin, Dan and Sarrar, Nadi and Feldmann, Anja (2011). QoE-Lab: Towards evaluating Quality of Experience for Future Internet Conditions. Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities (TridentCom '11). Springer, 299–314.
- Mehmood, Amir and Sengul, Cigdem and Sarrar, Nadi and Feldmann, Anja (2011). Understanding Cross-Layer Effects on Quality of Experience for Video over NGMN. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '11). IEEE, 1–5.
- Lewcio, Blazej and Belmudez, Benjamin and Mehmood, Amir and Wältermann, Marcel and Möller, Sebastian (2011). Video Quality in Next Generation Mobile Networks – Perception of Time-Varying Transmission. Proceedings of IEEE International Communications Quality and Reliability Workshop (CQR '11). IEEE, 1–6.
- Khan, Manzoor Ahmed and Lu, Jie and Mehmood, Amir (2011). Utility-based analytical model for representing user QoE. 9th IFIP TC 6 International Conference on Wired/Wireless Internet Communications (WWIC '11). Springer, 323–337.
- Mehmood, Amir (2011). Understanding Cross-Layer Effects on Quality of Experience for Video Over Next Generation Mobile Networks. (Talk at Internet MRA Reunion Conference II), Lake Arrowhead, Los Angeles, USA
- Levin, Dan and Wundsam, Andreas and Mehmood, Amir and Feldmann, Anja (2010). Berlin: The Berlin Experimental Router Laboratory for Innovative Networking. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastsructures for the Development of Networks and Communities (TridentCom 2010, poster session). Springer, 602–604.
- Mehmood, Amir and Hohlfeld, Oliver and Levin, Dan and Wundsam, Andreas and Ciucu, Florin and Schneider, Fabian and Feldmann, Anja and Braun, Ralf-Peter (2010). The Routerlab – Emulating Internet Characteristics in a Room. Proceedings of 11th ITG Conference on Photonic Networks (11. ITG-Fachtagung Photonische Netze). VDE-Verlag, 201–208.
- Mehmood, Amir and Agarwal, Sachin and Sengul, Cigdem and Feldmann, Anja (2010). Mobile Video QoE in Future Mobile Communications. Proceedings of Passive and Active Measurement Conference (PAM '10), 1.
- Mehmood, Amir and Lewcio, Blazej and Vidales, Pablo and Feldmann, Anja and Möller, Sebastian (2010). Understanding Signal-Based Speech Quality Prediction in Future Mobile Communications. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC '10). IEEE, 1–6.
- Wundsam, Andreas and Mehmood, Amir and Feldmann, Anja and Maennel, Olaf (2010). Network Troubleshooting with Mirror VNets. Proceedings of IEEE Globecom 2010 Workshop of Network of the Future (FutureNet-III). IEEE, 283–287.
- Belmudez, Benjamin and Möller, Sebastian and Blazej, Lewcio and Raake, Alexander and Mehmood, Amir (2009). Audio and Video Channel Impact on Perceived Audio-visual Quality in Different Interactive Contexts. MMSP '09: Proceedings of IEEE International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing. IEEE, 1–5.
- Wundsam, Andreas and Mehmood, Amir and Feldmann, Anja and Maennel, Olaf (2009). Network Troubleshooting with Shadow VNets. SIGCOMM '09: Demo Session of the 2009 conference on Applications, technologies, architectures, and protocols for computer communications
- Wundsam, Andreas and Mehmood, Amir and Feldmann, Anja and Maennel, Olaf (2009). Improving Network Troubleshooting using Virtualization. (Technical Report)
- Mehmood, Amir (2005). Design of efficient architecture for implementing end to end quality of service in IP netowrks. University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan
- Mehmood, Amir and Jadoon, Tariq and Sheikh, Noor (2005). Evaluation of VoIP Quality over the Pakistan Internet Exchange (PIE) Back Bone. ICET'05: Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Emerging Technologies, 2005, 258–263.
- Mehmood, Amir and Jadoon, Tariq M. and Sheikh, Noor M. (2005). Assessment of VoIP Quality over Access Networks. ICI'05: Proceedings of The First IEEE and IFIP International Conference in Central Asia on Internet, 26–29.
|Title||Author||Journal / Conference||Volume||Category|
|Characterizing Urdu Language Web Content in the World Wide Web using Common Crawl Corpus||Hafiz M. Shafiq, M. Amir Mehmood, Abdul Waheed||2nd International Conference of the Linguistic Association of Pakistan 2017, (ICLAP), Karachi||--||Local Conference|
|Analysis of Hotspot Methods in JVM for Best-Effort Run-Time Parallerlization||Qurrat ul Ain, Saqib Ahmed, Abdullah Zafar, Muhammad Amir Mehmood, and Abdul Waheed||6th International Conference on Computer Technology and Science (ICCTS 2017), Singapore||--||International Conference|
|Understanding Regional Context of World Wide Web using Common Crawl Corpus||M. Amir Mehmood, Hafiz Muhammad Shafiq and Abdul Waheed||MICC, 2017, Malaysia||--||International Conference|
|Validity of GRACE Risk Score as a Prognostic Marker of In-hospital Mortality after Acute Coronary Syndrome||Samar Firdous, Muhammad Amir Mehmood and Uzma Malik||JCPSP Issue : No.10,October 2017||27||Local Conference|
|Exploring Twitter News Biases using Urdu Based Sentiment Lexicon||Kamran Amjad, Maria Ishtiaq, Samar Firdous, Dr Amir Mehmood||11th IEEE International conference on Open-Source Systems and Technologies,2017, UET Lahore, December 18th-20th||--||Local Conference|
|Tracking Dengue Spread using Twitter Data||Bilal Tahir, Kamran Amjad,Muhammad Amir Mehmood||20th International Multitopic Conference 2017 (INMIC 2017) at FAST Lahore (24 - 26 November 2017)||--||Local Conference|
|Emulating an Octeon MIPS64 based Embedded System on X86 in QEMU||M. A. Mehmood, Qurrat-ul-Ain, A. Akram, A. Qadeer and A. Waheed||19th IEEE International Multitopic Conference (INMIC), 2016.||Local Conference|
|HTTM - Design and Implementation of a Type-2 Hypervisor for MIPS64 Based Systems||Qurrat-ul- Ain, Usama Anwar, Muhammad Amir Mehmood, and Abdul Waheed||International Conference on Virtualization Application, and Technology (ICVAT), Dubai, 2016||--||International Conference|
|We are all treated equal, aren't we? Flow-level performance as a function of flow size||Mehmood, Amir and Feldmann, Anja and Uhlig, Steve and Willinger, Walter||Networking 2014, held in Trondheim, Norway, in the 13th event of the series of International Conferences on Networking sponsored by the IFIP Technical Committee on Communication Systems (TC6)||--||Local Conference|
|Understanding Flow Performance in the Wild.||Mehmood, Amir and Sarrar, Nadi and Uhlig, Steve and Feldmann, Anja||IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM),2013,USA||--||Local Conference|
|Impact of access bandwidth on packet loss: A flow-level Analysis||Mehmood, Amir and Sarrar, Nadi and Uhlig, Steve and Feldmann, Anja||2013 IEEE 11th Malaysia International Conference on Communications (MICC)||--||Local Conference|