DICE Automotive Meeting Held in UET Lahore
Prior to the start of All Pakistan DICE Energy and Water 2016 held at UET from 19th to 20th December 2016, a meeting on DICE Automotive was conducted at Conference Room in KICS (Al-Khawarazmi Institute of Computer Science) UET Lahore on Sunday, 18th December. DICE automotives reflects the progress and innovation ongoing in the field of automotives in Pakistan. The meeting focused on the shortcomings faced by the academia and industry in automotives and strived to single out an effective solution to the problems associated with. The DICE automotive network involves several universities from Pakistan and now aims to involve UET to its network.
Attendees of the meeting were from different entities. The ones, who attended the DICE Automotive Meeting included:
- Dr. Fazal Ahmed Kahlid, Vice Chancellor, UET, Lahore
- Saad Ellahie, Chair DICE Automotive, USA
- Dr. Khurshid Qureshi, Chairman, DICE Foundation, USA
- Dr. Raziq Yaqub, Alabama A&M University, USA
- Ahmed Safi, General Electric
- Executive from PAAPAM
- Salam Ullah form United Motors
- Dr. Tahir Izhar, Chairman Electrical Department, UET, Lahore
- Dr. Aamer Iqbal Bhatti, CASPR, CUST, Islamabad
- Dr. Waqar Mehmood, Director CERAD, UET
- Dr. NAsir Hayat, Chairman Mechanical Department, UET, Lahore
- Mohammad Ali, Sr. Research Manager, KICS, UET, Lahore
- Muhammad Rizwan, Research Officer, KICS, UET, Lahore
- Safi Ullah, Research Officer, KICS, UET, Lahore
- Ubaid Ullah, DICE Automotives
- Engr. Sajjad Hussain, MBA, USA
The vision of this meeting was to articulate, agree upon, and to work on specific common goals and demonstrate a commitment to the values and benefits that guide the collaboration. The theme of this meeting was Hybird vehicles.
Patron-in-Chief of this meeting was Vice Chancellor UET Prof. Dr. Fazal Ahmad Khalid and the Chair was Mr. Saad Elahi from Dice Automotive, USA. Moderator was Mr. Muhammad Ali (Senior Research Manager, EECL and KICS UET Lahore). Co-ordinator of the meeting was Mr. Safi Ullah (Research Officer, EECL, KICS UET Lahore). Agenda of the meeting was introduction of Dice Automotives, presentation on automotive projects and panel discussion.