IACL Lab has recently been established at KICS in order to develop strong linkage with local industries. The lab executes projects on turn key basis, Provide consultancy, Perform research works in developing new technologies for local market and affordable solutions for new and existing clients.
The solutions cover design and integration of Instruments, Electrical and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, Distributed control systems (DCS), and other smaller control system configurations such as Programmable logic controllers (PLC) often found in industrial and critical infrastructures.
The in-house expertise consists of Siemens and Allen-bradley PLC alongwith HMI.
- To update, and build up knowledge in industrial control and automation, especially in regarding to motor and drive systems, energy conversion, motion control systems, SCADA communication, as well as preparations of suitable equipment in the IACL laboratory.
- To apply advanced industrial technologies, especially in regarding to efficient energy consumption, to gain productivities and enhance reliable standard for Pakistan industrial sector.
- To promote personnel development and research network among universities and private sector in the field of industrial technology by introducing training courses on PLC and advanced control techniques. Partnering with leading stakeholder automation and control.
- Training course on PLC funded by Punjab Skill development fund (PSDF)
- Automation of Paddy dryer for Amir Rice Traders Kamoke.
- Boiler SCADA Control and Monitoring System for Textile
- Monitoring and Data Logging System For Energy Usage for Infinity Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
- Short courses on PLC (5 courses per annum)
- Punjab Skill Development Fund
- NSR Engineering(Pvt.) Ltd.
- ATG Plant Automation
- Amir Rice Trading Co.