A Start-up Weekend – 26th - 28th September
Friday | Saturday | Sunday
Friday night will be brainstorming night! You will have the chance to form teams and work with mentors at your city's venue (IB&M UET Lahore).
Teams will work on their business plan and prototype all day on Saturday. We will also be hosting breakout sessions in all our locations as well as access to virtual skype sessions with our global mentors. If you have team members in multiple cities you will have to decide which city will be your hub where you will pitch your ideas.
All teams will get an opportunity to pitch to incredible judges in their city.
One team from each city will be nominated to pitch at the Pakathon Global Finals on October 11th. Pakistan based teams will send their videos and North American teams have the option of sending us a video or presenting in person.
$10K, admission into mentorship program, incubation in Pakistan and US
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pakathon-global-lahore-tickets-13085831073
Friday, September 26th 2014
- 5:30 PM - Event starts with dinner at 5:30pm.
- 6:30pm – Opening and Introduction of event
- 7:00 PM – Keynote speaker
- 7:45 PM – Mentors introduce themselves for 2 minute.
- 8:00 PM - Breakout Session 1: Choose from 1 of the 6 tracks to learn more about gaps and opportunities within that track and receive guidance from mentors on solutions in that area
- 8:30 PM - Breakout Session 2: Choose another from the 6 tracks to learn more about gaps and opportunities within that track and receive guidance from mentors on solutions in that area
- 9:15 PM- Pitching of ideas commences and recruitment of team members (multi-city teams will be encouraged and incentivized during judging)
- 10:00 PM - Teams begin registering and are free to stay till midnight.
Saturday, September 27th 2014
- 10:00am – Breakfast will be served.
- People will work on their projects throughout the day.
- There will breakout sessions throughout the day with mentors or speakers.
- Virtual mentors will be available throughout the day to participants from different cities.
- 1:00 PM – Lunch will be served.
- 6:00 PM – Dinner will be served.
- Each team will have to pick the main city where they will be pitching from.
Sunday, September 28th 2014
- 8:30 AM - Teams return and continue to work on their presentations
- Noon - Lunch will be served
- 1:00 - 4:00 PM - Teams pitch to judges
- 5:00pm – Results are announced!
Saturday, October 11th 2014
- 11:00 AM - Global judging in Boston, MA. Winning teams form all 16 cities vie for the top prize, seed funding and continued mentorship to bring their project to life!